Monday, April 28, 2014

Epidermolysis Bullosa [Charity Event]

Epidermolysis Bullosa [Charity Event]
[Larger View [X] ]

Hello peeps. I have a serious matter to discuss with you all. Please read.
Before I get into anything, I want you to simply read this. I don't care if you're rich or poor in SL at the moment, but please just..read this post.

There are a lot of diseases in the world. Some are more well known than others, but it doesn't make them any less real.

Recently the owner of the SL hair store +Spellbound+ gave me a little poke about an in-world charity event she's participating in for a disease called, "Epidermolysis Bullosa." Personally, i've never heard of such a thing, but I do love SL charity events, so I decided to Google a bit more about what "Epidermolysis Bullosa" really is. What I found out about this disease made me very sad.

Imagine having a child that you can barely touch. Their skin is so delicate that it blisters and tears just from a little friction. Blisters have to be drained every day, and bandaging takes hours. This is just a very very light view into the world of someone with Epidermolysis Bullosa.

Epidermolysis Bullosa is a rare skin tissue disorder that causes very fragile skin. It's caused by mutations in DNA. It is painful, can be disfiguring, and even deadly for the person with the disease. The worse part is that there is no cure.


If you made it this far, I thank you. As I mentioned above, there is a charity event currently taking place in-world where you can donate, and of course there is a collection on the official Epidermolysis Bullosa website. Links are provided below.

If you cannot afford to donate and/or purchase any of the goods for sale at the charity event such as the hair worn above, that's fine too. I don't have much to spare, but I am doing something; I am spreading the word about this disease with all of you. You are aware now. Tell a friend, tell your mom, post on Facebook or Twitter; spread the word that Epidermolysis Bullosa exists.

- Links -
Official (RL) Website: [X]
SL EB Charity Website: [X]

Donations (RL): [X]

SL EB Event SLURL: [X]

Thank you again for reading. <3

- Inuoko Shikami \o/

Skin: .The Sugar Garden. [X] Baby :: C tone
Eyes: .The Sugar Garden. Mori Eyes - Lavendar [Cosmetic Fair [X] ]
Hair: +Spellbound+ Serenity  [EB Charity Event, links above]
Dress: *katat0nik* (cornflower/average) Daffodil Dress [The Seasons Story [X] ]

2 comments:

KobatoDokuro said...

It is so sad :( and terrible for the moms, they can't even touch their children
And is sad for me too because i can't do anything for help, but i can disclose that post on my facebook, and everyone will know what is that illness!

Angel & Scorpio Forever said...

You're beautiful inside and out Inu-ai~ <3